[Marxism] To Vivek Chibber

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Sun Apr 28 08:45:01 MDT 2013

I'd like to allow for the possibility that Vivek Chibber is a brilliant author who has contributed much to Marxist thought and at the same time is someone i would not like to spend time with.

I wasn't there, but I think the ideal response at the time is all sweetness and good humour, but at he same time managing to communicate to the audience that you are surprised by your opponent's outburst.  A veiled tone of mockery might be OK on some occasions.

Living in Canada, I perhaps benefit from more from exposure to the Royal Family, who have a whole repertoire of outwardly mild but at the same time barbed comebacks for all occasions.

I also remember Steve Martin's reply to one heckler, "That's OK, I remember when I had my first beer."

						ken h