[Marxism] To Vivek Chibber

aaron s. amaral amaral1871 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 09:12:47 MDT 2013

All,

I was present at the session. I thought Chibber's heckling was totally
uncalled for, and that Louis was not over-stepping his allowed speaking
time. And I thought the chair (who btw, is a student of Chibber's) sharply
- and correctly - intervened and allowed Louis to finish.

At the same time, the implied threat in Louis' post was over the top, and
tactically inept. And throwing punches in such a setting should really be
left to the NCLC. The lesson here obviously being, had Louis been in a
Leninist organization, he would have had to clear such a post with the
electronic communication control commission, and such an tactical mis-step
would never have happened (or the workers' security faction would have to
take it up) ... :)

-Aaron A.

ps. I thought the session was great, and while I dont fully agree with Jeff
Goodwin's critique of Neil Davidson, it was very clarifying and deepened my
understanding of the debate.