[Marxism] Re; Chibber

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Sun Apr 28 13:31:09 MDT 2013

audradavid at aol.com said:
At meetings of blue-collar unions, which Louis and I have had the honor of being members of, when someone started to interrupt me, my first impulse was to grab the folding chair next to me and get ready to use it.

As Andre Breton once said, "Wherever you find injustice, the proper form of politeness is attack."

Ken Hiebert replies:
I like the Breton quote, but it may be a stretch to describe Chibber's apparently rude and arrogant behaviour as "injustice."

Union meetings are a good place to learn to think on your feet.  i assume you resisted the urge to get physical with a a union member who interrupted you.  There is a kind of civility in union meetings.  How many times have I referred to another member as "brother" or "sister," even if I wasn't feeling particularly brotherly towards that person.
I still remember the guy who told us, "Don't call that brother an asshole, call that asshole a brother."