[Marxism] To Vivek Chibber

Jeff Goodwin jgoodwin.nyu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 15:49:01 MDT 2013

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:
>

> But outside academia, there's not much incentive in getting ammunition to
> use against postcolonial scholarship. It is a little bit like somebody
> coming out with a blockbuster book on Analytical Marxism. Ho-hum.

Yes and no. Marxists have better things to do than criticize obscure
intellectuals. (Though I recall a book called *The Holy Family*. Not to
mention *Anti-Duhring*.) On the other hand, postcolonialists and their
students are throwing slop at thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, of
college students every year, in the U.S., India, Europe, and beyond. If
somebody gives them a beatdown, I'm going to cheer.