[Marxism] To V.C.

William Quimby quimbywm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 16:12:30 MDT 2013

Louis, I have been (mostly lurking, but with a very occasional comment)
watching this list for the last 15 years (and was on the old list),
and I can very, very well understand your frustrations. But yes, it does
provide a great service and I think, in a way, it has been
a positive influence on some of the excellent left/marxist blogs that
have appeared in the last 5 years or so.

Here's an idea - is there anyone on the list or close to it that you
would trust to manage it for a year, giving you a better chance
for your writing? In essence (although you may disdain the academic
reference)  giving you a sabbatical? [Unpaid, or course!]
As for the writing, from where I sit in Ohio there always seem to be a
lot of relevant things going on in NYC (conferences, popular
culture, and yes movies) that I would like to, need to, hear more about.
(Marx didn't send the 1st International to New York for
nothing :) ) And you like to travel, right?

- Bill

Ken Hiebert says...

Is the glass 70% full or 30% empty?  If 30% of subscribers have violent
fantasies about you, that leaves about 70% of subscribers who are not
having violent fantasies about you.  I don't know how that compares with
other lists, but I do take some comfort from that.