[Marxism] From the director of "Capturing the Friedmans"

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Apr 30 09:06:58 MDT 2013

This was a documentary about the use of "repressed memories" to convict
two men on Long Island. The father was certainly guilty of child
molestation but his son Jesse was just as certainly innocent. Although I
am pleased to see that the director is involved with Jesse's defense,
the film was unfortunately far too equivocal as Slate points out:
http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2004/02/mistrial.html

Dear Friends -

It's been overwhelming to see our petition on Change.org gain incredible
momentum over the past few weeks - your continued support has meant the
world to us, and we can't thank you enough.

We believe that the Nassau County DA's office will announce their
verdict in the coming days.  In these crucial last deciding moments,
we're asking you to help us with one last push to reach our final
petition goal.  As of this morning, we are only 278 signatures shy of
hitting the 3,500 mark.  Achieving this goal would ensure another
delivery to the DA before the decision is made public.

If you haven't already, please sign and leave a comment here:
http://bondinfluence.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ec2c1ff2ddecf83d2ac048447&id=6dd6ac4a94&e=27cf81a759.
  If you have signed, we urge you to please share it widely with friends
and family.

We are continuing our work on all fronts, and as recent as Friday, our
team was featured on the Huffington Post - another important step in
sharing Jesse's story with the world:

http://bondinfluence.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=ec2c1ff2ddecf83d2ac048447&id=96e86ac9f4&e=27cf81a759
http://bondinfluence.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ec2c1ff2ddecf83d2ac048447&id=b63f5338da&e=27cf81a759

We are so close, and thank you in advance for helping us get there.

- Andrew Jarecki and Marc Smerling, Capturing the Friedmans