[Marxism] The American Dream rewards few, enslaves millions | Bhaskar Sunkara | Comment is free | theguardian.com,

michael yates mikedjyates at msn.com
Fri Aug 23 12:05:46 MDT 2013

Louis posted a link to a column by Sunkara in the Guardian: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/21/american-dream-rewards-few-enslaves-millions

I would be interested to know what people think of this. I haven't been able to formulate a coherent response to it, but my life experiences and politics tell me that there is something profoundly fucked up and false about what he says. If he is an example of the urban intellectuals who will be formulating the leading analyses of how we go about building a new society, we are truly doomed.