[Marxism] Fwd: Special Page at Monthly Review (My reply to Heinrich) Part I

shaun may mnwps at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 2 14:40:44 MST 2013

Not wishing to appear pedantic here but merely hoping to dispel any possible confusion.

Shane's formula for the organic composition of capital (which, of course, is a value relation; a value composition) is given as C/(s+v) at the bottom of part 1. I make no claims  whatsoever for being better versed in Volume 3 than Shane. However, my formula for the organic composition of capital would be c/v. S (surplus value) is not, as I have read Volume 3, part of this value relation. c/v is consistent with volumes 1 and 2 of Capital.

Of course, I always reserve the right to be wrong and to be educated by my fellow communists.

Shaun May

http://shaunpmay.wordpress.com

http://spmay.wordpress.com

Take it easy  (favourite motto of Engels)

Doubt everything (favourite motto of Marx)