[Marxism] From a fellow IT veteran on the ACA website

Charlie charles1848 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 6 10:13:10 MST 2013

Louis Proyect wrote: "In the first stage, I would have provided a 'read
only' portal to insurance companies along the lines of those travel
websites that will show you all the hotels in Miami Beach that are 3
stars and above, etc. Once you see what's available, you will making a
booking through the hotel.
In stage two, I would have implemented the online registration."

Many corporate and governmental computer projects are mismanaged for
reasons explained by your IT source. The failure of the Obamacare portal
is not the same.

Obamacare gives huge subsidies to private health insurance corporations.
The Administration insisted from the beginning that potential enrollees
be quoted their price after subsidy. The full price was to be buried in
tiny type.

The political reality led to the problem of the Web portal. It cannot
quote an after-subsidy price until it collects your "private" income,
family and other data, farms it out for verification, and receives
replies. This is the process that broke the portal.