[Marxism] Argentina: Statement of Workers' and Left Front National Deputy on "police mafia riots"

Juan Andres Gallardo juanagallardo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 19:38:05 MST 2013

STATEMENT OF WORKERS’ AND LEFT FRONT NATIONAL DEPUTYNicolás del Caño: "We
reject the police mafia riots and blackmailing"10/12/2013
[image: Nicolás del Caño:]

“We reject police mafia riots and blackmailing, which look for to
strengthen a completely corrupted system. Without police consent, major
crimes such as drug trafficking, human trafficking, car theft, and the use
of poor youth to commit crimes, wouldn’t take place”, stated today on the
radio the elected deputy for the Workers’ and Left Front (FIT), Nicolás del
Caño.

“The federal government and the governors, while yielding to police armed
uprisings, they hide the fact that they are responsible for this situation.
During the election campaign both the ruling party and the opposition
focused on the strengthening of police forces and a higher social control.
We, from Workers’ and Left Front, we denounced that the “mano dura”
(heavy-handed) campaign meant supporting the police mafias. Now we’ve got
the consequences: groups of thugs armed by the government are rising for
their claims, which also imply impunity for their crimes and the leeway to
continue operating their businesses”, said Del Caño.

Finally, Del Caño reminded that the Workers’ and Left Front (FIT) political
Manifesto states: "The Workers’ and Left Front (FIT) calls for popular
organization in the neighborhoods and in the places of work and study, to
fight against the "trigger-happy" police and human trafficking. To combat
the penetration of drug trafficking, with police support, in the
neighborhoods, or police and political complicity with organized crime. We
must say No to the municipal police of the corrupted Mayors: to put an end
to the “punteros” apparatus (a clientelist political network), it is
necessary to end the social misery caused by capitalism, and replace the
repressive apparatus of this state, that is at the service of the
exploiters, by organizations of the workers themselves on the path of
struggle for their own government. Down with Project X, and espionage and
infiltration of the people’s organizations! For the dissolution of all the
intelligence organs placed in order to spy on and infiltrate the people’s
organizations!"

Nicolás del Caño (0261) 470 6345 | @NicolasDelCano | OfficialWebsite
www.pts.org.a