[Marxism] Ex-IDF chief: Israel prefers that Assad stay in power

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Dec 13 17:21:49 MST 2013

On 12/13/13 6:51 PM, Vladimiro Giacche' wrote:

> in order to have someone to bomb?

One of our resident "anti-imperialists" pops up like the dormouse in the
tea party in "Alice in Wonderland". God, I would love more than anything
to hear a lucid and extended analysis of the rapprochement of American
imperialism with the Baathist dictatorship. How is it that former CIA
director Michael Hayden tells "terrorism experts" at a Jamestown
conference that America has to see al-Assad as the "lesser evil" against
the dirty, filthy jihadists with their sharia law and their beards?

Btw, has anybody heard of Moon of Alabama? That's a blog that serves as
a pole of attraction for people like Giacche'. I was making some
comments there under a post about Hersh's "Whose Sarin" but decided to
blow it off after one of the regulars had this to say: "Now, Louis, you
must understand that the fact that [x] expresses rhetorical support for
[y] simply tells you nothing about [y]. Indulging in this kind of guilt
by involuntary association is a very common Jewish weakness in
argument." That's the first time I've run into Jew-baiting in years.
Naturally I would run into it at such a place.