[Marxism] From Marxism to Neoliberalism: Ronnie Kasrils on How Mandela & ANC Shifted Economic Views | Democracy Now!

Patrick Bond pbond at mail.ngo.za
Fri Dec 13 22:30:42 MST 2013

The centre-piece of what Ronnie calls the "Faustian Pact" is an IMF deal
done in late 1993. I just got a copy of it, via the Article IV
Consultation, and it brings back memories of extreme ideological wedging
and utterly corrupted narratives; the IMF leadership talking "social
justice" in Egypt in June 2011 had its precedent 18 years earlier. Let
me know if you want the .pdf, it's about 5megs.

Cheers,
Patrick
(PS, this is one of about five such Faustian Pacts I have tried to
document, all between October 1993 and March 1995 - after which class
apartheid was the inexorable replacement of racial apartheid)