[Marxism] Very good Weekly Standard piece on Sy Hersh

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 16:53:07 MST 2013

I remember vividly reading a New Yorker column of Hersh's several years
ago, the thrust of which was how Assad was bending over backward to do
everything Washington wanted, like receiving and torturing prisoners sent
there by the US, and how, according to Hersh, we were blowing a golden
opportunity for peace in the region by pushing aside someone who clearly
wanted to help "the good guys" (i.e. the anti-terrorists).

I don't think the New Yorker article in Clay's new piece is the same one.
But regardless, this all confirms our suspicion that Hersh is playing the
willing patsy.

Andy P.