[Marxism] How Slavery Led to Modern Capitalism: Echoes - Bloomberg

Clay Claiborne clayclai at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 19:16:36 MST 2013

Thank you for bring my attention to this article. It is an extremely
important aspect of American Capitalism that is generally overlooked. Even
the vaulted New England shipping industry, which this article doesn't
discuss, was inextricably tied to the slave trade, without slaves and slave
products, they would have had nothing to ship.

In Marxist terms, the primitive accumulation of American capitalism was all
about slavery.

Clay Claiborne, Director
Linux Beach Productions
Venice, CA 90291