[Marxism] Castro on WWII

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sun Dec 22 08:32:39 MST 2013

On Dec 21, 2013, at 11:26 PM, Ken Hiebert wrote:

> http://cubainsidetheworld.wordpress.com/2013/12/20/mandela-is-dead-why-hide-the-truth-about-apartheid/
>
> "The Second World War broke out when, on September 1, 1939, the Nazi-
> Fascism invaded Poland and fell like a thunderbolt on the heroic
> people of the USSR, which contributed 27 million lives to preserve
> humanity from that brutal massacre that took end the lives of over
> 50 million people."
>
> It certainly seems to me that Castro has telescoped the Nazi
> invasion of Poland with the invasion of the Soviet Union which did
> not happen until June of 1941.  I understand that Castro is a
> revered figure in Cuba.  But still, it seems that an editor should
> have caught this and corrected it.

It's just his ongoing whitewash of Stalinism, his way of hiding (from
himself  as well?) Stalin's open complicity and participation in  the
invasion of Poland; his murder of the irreconcilable anti-Nazi
communists like Bukharin, Preobrazhensky, Rakovsky, and Trotsky; his
decimation of the Red Army command and incompetent preparation for the
ultimate German invasion; and the brutal massacre known as the "Great
Purge" whose toll was exceeded only by that of the war itself! This
sentence is, to put it as charitably as posxsible, senile.

Shane Mage

This cosmos did none of gods or men make, but it
always was and is and shall be: an everlasting fire,
kindling in measures and going out in measures.

Herakleitos of Ephesos