[Marxism] Why the US military should make the AK-47 its standard

Clay Claiborne clayclai at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 16:47:22 MST 2013

      Why the US military should make the AK-47 its standard
      <http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2013/12/why-us-military-should-make-ak-47-its.html>

The answer to that is both simple and obvious: Because it is the best!

Let's face it, when you are going into combat, when you are going to be
facing opponents who are similarly armed with some sort of automatic
assault weapon, you want the very best automatic assault weapon in the
world.

When your life is on the line, you want to be driving a Ferrari not a Ford.

That's what your family would want for you.

And the very best general purpose automatic assault weapon on the planet
is the trusty old AK-47. The jury has been in on that for a long time.
The voting has been done by men,..and women, who bet their lives on it.

Even during Vietnam War, and that was 50 years ago, a many a GI was
happy to get his hands on the trusty AK-47. It didn't jam so much. What
would you pay for a gun that didn't jam so much when you're out in the
jungle?

Since then it has been adopted by about 50 countries, and every
gangster, terrorist, revolutionary and mercenary that is not so
beholding to a particular national capitalist group that he isn't free
to chose his own weapons, has chosen the AK-47. We don't even have to
have that debate.

Therefore if the rulers of our military really lose any sleep over the
safety of our troops, as they claim, they should /"bite the bullet,"/
seems the appropriate phrase, and arm our soldiers with the best. They
can make it here, maybe they can even make it better, but they should
license it from Russia or China or do whatever they have to do to pay
due respect to Mikhail Kalashnikov, inventor of the  Avtomat
Kalashnikova model 1947, more commonly referred to as the AK-47.

I don't think it was an accident that Mikhail Kalashnikov invented this
weapon, just as I don't think it was an accident that his legendary
weapon was invented so soon after World War II in Russia. Mikhail
Kalashnikov was a brilliant gun designer and he was in a position to
synthesis those extremely hard won [12 million military dead in USSR]
lessons of infantry combat under some of the most extreme environmental
conditions. He understood how to make it simple and he understood how to
make it work.

Mikhail Kalashnikov was also a poet. He died today, age 94.