[Marxism] Why the US military should make the AK-47 its standard

Clay Claiborne clayclai at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 22:59:14 MST 2013

Personally I prefer the .50 BMG, mainly because I like the idea of being
able to kill some one while they are still more than a mile away from me.

Seriously, on the AK-47 vs M-16 debate, I would say that while there is a
lot of sloppy AK-47 junk around that was cheaply produced, and the fact
that it can be cheaply produce and still be effective is one of its charms
and one that makes it more of a proletariat weapon, the AK-47 architecture,
if you will, is still superior, to these designs and their have been many
variation on the AK-47 theme in the last 65 years including new ones that
are very precise and extremely well made.

>From Wikipedia:

The AKM, with the 7.62×39mm cartridge, has a battle range of around 350
> metres (1,150 ft).[7]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47#cite_note-izhmash-9>The best shooters are able to hit a man-sized target at 800 metres with
> five shots (firing from prone position or a trench) or ten shots (standing).
> [59]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47#cite_note-FOOTNOTE.D0.9D.D0.A1.D0.94._7.2C62-.D0.BC.D0.BC_.D0.B0.D0.B2.D1.82.D0.BE.D0.BC.D0.B0.D1.82_.D0.90.D0.9A.D0.9C_.28.D0.90.D0.9A.D0.9C.D0.A1.291983155-62>

Which is good enough consider it is more likely to perform as advertised.

Clay Claiborne, Director
Linux Beach Productions
Venice, CA 90291
(310) 581-1536