[Marxism] Why the US military should make the AK-47 its standard

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 07:45:06 MST 2013

Do we have any more details on this part of Clay's post?

"I don't think it was an accident that Mikhail Kalashnikov invented this
weapon, just as I don't think it was an accident that his legendary weapon
was invented so soon after World War II in Russia. Mikhail Kalashnikov was
a brilliant gun designer and he was in a position to synthesis those
extremely hard won [12 million military dead in USSR] lessons of infantry
combat under some of the most extreme environmental conditions. He
understood how to make it simple and he understood how to make it work."

Seems like an important example of the interaction of military, technology
and social factors -- and a case study in how or whether that interaction
was understood.