[Marxism] question re barrel bombs

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 07:49:54 MST 2013

Sorry if this has already been addressed (I think Clay did on his blog
weeks ago), and maybe I'm being a space cadet, but here's my question:
Assad's latest genocidal tactic -- 10 days running now -- has been the use
of barrel bombs. I understand why they're deadly; sort of like an airborne
cluster bomb only with much bigger ordnance.

But here's my question: if you have room in your plane for such weapons,
and your goal is just to kill anything in a given wide area, what's the
advantage of such low-tech bombs? Why not two or three of the standard
higher firepower bombs instead of a dozen smaller ones?