[Marxism] What’s going on in the Ukraine? | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Dec 26 17:49:30 MST 2013

On 12/26/13 7:42 PM, Sergii Kutnii wrote:

> Well, here are my organization's statements
>
> http://avtonomia.net/2013/12/08/autonomous-workers-union-statements-euromaidan/

This just showed up on FB as a comment on my article from a Ukrainian
friend:

Дмитрий Колесник What I see in Ukraine is that western media try to hide
the leading role of far-right and even neonazi groups in the protest.
Some liberal media try to show it as a 'occupy'-style, though I see it
as a more 'tea-party' style protest. Some liberal students play not a
significant part (20-30) - in a mass of people they almost not seen and
they just try to agitate without social slogans - because it's too
dangerous. Far-righters are playing here the main role attacking lefts
and trade-union activists. You can see their banners in occupied
building of city council
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-dHVZTtTxQ&feature=youtu.be however that
doesn't mean that the opposite side (govenment) is left. Too many people
see in our country the totalitarian nationalism as a way to get rid of
cleptocrats. And it's difficult to say who is more dangerous. There are
certainly diferent aspects of protest intersecting here: regional - the
current government is backed by eastern ukrainian population, the
opposition - mostly by western part. Besides far-righters at the
forefront there are mostly miidle-classes protesting against taxes and
government pressure. I've written early this piece while watching the
situation in our country
http://www.criticatac.ro/.../euromaidan-the-play-with-eu.../ Or you can
read that one http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ukraine-eu-protests-jew-haters...
Крестик оденьте!
Кельтський хрест в окупованій КМДА / Celtic cross in an occupied Kyiv
city administration