[Marxism] Looming danger of not knowing where the football is.

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Dec 28 17:32:04 MST 2013

On 12/28/13 7:26 PM, shaun may wrote:

> *This kind of response* did *take on his arguments directly*. My
> point was very clearly made if you read my previous posting. It
> merely counterposed Marx to Hans Ehrbar's conception of Marx. If you
> post on a forum claiming to explicitly articulate Marx's conception
> or its derived implications from false pre-conceptions, then you
> should expect opposition if what is articulted is clearly incorrect.
> As a lifelong student of Marx, I am merely drawing the attention of
> the list to his misconception here.  Do not police the innocuous
> content and form of my posts or I will leave the list of my own
> volition. I will not remain on a list with such heavy-handed
> moderation. I am sure Professor Hans Ehrbar is capable of defending
> himself.

Like I said, I haven't been following this thread but as a rule of
thumb, debates that go on for more than a day or two tend to get testy.
If both sides have made their position clear, there is no need to repeat
it. My suggestion is for the principals to make one or possibly two more
contributions and then let's put it to bed.