[Marxism] Palestinians trapped in Syria war denied aid, stalked by starvation

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 11:22:15 MST 2013

The column by Ali Abunimah which Dennis forwarded seems like a slight
improvement, i.e. leaning somewhat toward sympathy with the Revolution
(without of course calling it that), as opposed to his previous plague on
both houses stance. If someone has evidence that I'm mischaracterizing his
position please say so; in the meantime see
http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/Print/4081.aspx

A more positive stance toward the opposition to Assad, by someone in
Yarmouk, is linked in Ali's article:
http://electronicintifada.net/content/yarmouk-activist-describes-atrocious-state-war-torn-camp-syria/12231

PS: UNAC re-sent its year-end fundraising email, which contains the
following: "As the war in Syria continued to heat up and mercenary forces,
armed by the US and its allies continued to pour into country and when the
Obama administration declared that it would strike Syria, we called for
emergency demonstrations demanding “No U.S. War on Syria.”"

So a coalition which says it can't support the Revolution because it must
stay neutral and only take up US intervention, nevertheless feels free to
characterize the entire resistance as "mercenary forces."

PPS: Here's a shorter link for today's article:
http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/palestinians-trapped-syria-war-denied-aid-stalked-starvation