[Marxism] Top Ten Posts in 2013 from Linux Beach

Clay Claiborne clayclai at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 13:44:10 MST 2013

Since almost a hundred thousand Syrians who were with us to ring in
2013, have since been murdered, many by Assad's air war and Bashar
al-Assad has been named the most tolerated criminal of 2013, it should
surprise no one that the top ten posts from Linux Beach in 2013 were
about Syria.

Here they are:

 1. Jul 26    Assad's New Strategy: Nothing Makes People Flee Like
    Murdering Their Children
    <http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2013/07/assads-new-strategy-nothing-makes.html>

 2. Aug 5    BREAKING NEWS: Fake Photo Exposes Assad Regime Lie about
    Rebel Massacre in Tal Abyad
    <http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2013/08/breaking-news-assad-iran-you-lie-on.html>
 3. Nov 6    UPDATED: Syrian American Council takes on Agnes-Mariam
    <http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2013/11/syrian-american-council-takes-on-la.html>
 4. Sep 1    Anti-War in Form, Pro-War in Essence
    <http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2013/09/anti-war-in-form-pro-war-in-essence.html>
 5. Aug 9    Why do they keep digging up & reburying these kids?
    <http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2013/08/why-do-they-keep-digging-up-reburying.html>
 6. Sep 25  Where Robert Fisk's defense of Assad falls down
    <http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2013/09/where-robert-fisks-defence-of-assad.html>
 7. May 6    Syria Sarin Blame Game: Is Carla Del Ponte at it again?
    <http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2013/05/syria-sarin-blame-game-is-carla-del.html>
 8. Dec 26  Fake Adra massacre photos expose bloody hands on Left
    <http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2013/12/fake-adra-massacre-photos-expose-bloody.html>
 9. Mar 22  Reports say Dr Mohammed al-Bouti was leaving Assad when
    murdered
    <http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2013/03/reports-say-dr-mohammed-al-bouti-was.html>
10. Sep 3    Who Used Sarin in Syria?
    <http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2013/09/who-used-sarin-in-syria.html>

It is my sincere hope that these blogs have served to inform people, to
shape the discussion and provide some modest support of those still
struggling to overthrow this brutal dictatorship.

Unfortunately, it looks like the Syrian people will be enduring more of
the same or worst in 2014. A year ago I wrote a New Years Day blog post
titled  5,000 Syrians murdered in 2011, 40,000 in 2012, what  will 2013
bring?
<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2012/12/5000-syrians-murdered-in-2011-40000-in_8155.html>
Since the latest figures put the death toll north of 130,000
<http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/31/us-syria-crisis-toll-idUSBRE9BU0FA20131231>,
we can now definitively answer that question. Over 90,000 Syrians were
murdered in 2013 in Assad's efforts to destroy the revolution and remain
in power.

Based on this three year trend, with deaths tripling every year, I am
willing to make a prediction. If there is no intervention to stop this
madness, if the world continues to let Assad do as he wishes to Syrians,
as many as 400,000 Syrians will have
been murdered by the end of the coming year.

After three years of Assad's shelling and bombing, and the fight back
against that, it should be obvious to all that this problem will not go
away just because we ignore it.

So my work becomes more urgent than ever and I hope that in the coming
year you will also do more to focus attention on this problem.

Happy New Year,

Clay