[Marxism] Paul Le Blanc on the SWP crisis

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri Feb 1 07:07:49 MST 2013

On Feb 1, 2013, at 6:41 AM, John Obrien wrote:

> Paul Le Blanc states in this latest article - that the U. S. SWP
> crisis
> occurred in the 1980's.
>
> I disagree.  The purges started long before then, a sad history of
> arrogant and insecure people who insisted they knew best and that
> all others were wrong....

I can testify that this is true.  I was expelled in 1963 by Dobbs,
Kerry, and Hansen for association with Jim Robertson who was being
expelled for "factionalism," without any real process and to the
applause of Camejo, Sheppard, and Barnes.  Murry Weiss and Arne
Swabeck and Dick Frazer (who of course had substantial disagreements
with myself as well as among themselves) saw and protested what
happening to the SWP.  To no avail.

Shane Mage

This cosmos did none of gods or men make, but it
  always was and is and shall be: an everlasting fire,
  kindling in measures and going out in measures.

  Herakleitos of Ephesos