[Marxism] De Blasio sells out

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Feb 1 07:43:27 MST 2013

So Ed Koch died yesterday. This was a liberal Democrat who moved sharply
to the right after becoming Mayor. This is a pattern that Bill De Blasio
would like to follow:

NYC2013 – Mayor Candidate De Blasio Rips Brooklyn College Event
January 29, 2013

“The Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement is inflammatory,
dangerous and utterly out of step with the values of New Yorkers. An
economic boycott represents a direct threat to the State of
Israel–that’s something we need to oppose in all its forms. No one
seriously interested in bringing peace, security and tolerance to the
Middle East should be taken in by this event.” – Bill De Blasio

I knew De Blasio when he was a regular visitor to the New York Nicaragua
Solidarity Network steering committee meetings in the late 80s. He was
some kind of minor functionary then--can't remember which kind. It was
pretty obvious to me at the time that he was doing the same kind of
thing as Obama when he used to go to antiwar gatherings in Chicago
coming up.

The best thing about De Blasio is his son's Afro:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/de-balsio-son-afro-winning-popularity-article-1.1249976