[Marxism] BDS controversy at Brooklyn COllege

Peggy Dobbins pegdobbins at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 15:20:21 MST 2013

Selective reading, per below takes me back to spring 1968 when similar protectors of academic freedom got a court injunction to bar me from stepping foot on the campus of Brooklyn College as "a danger to the welfare of students" whom I had continued to meet in an SDS "liberated classroom" despite a last minute call telling me the sociology dept had to "let me go, not of course because" he who bore the onus of calling me, "disagreed, but because a student had complained my unorthodox approach"(to demonstrating the existence tho invisible of social force by having students grade themselves, then each other, and then themselves again) "had made her uncomfortable.". She'd given herself an A after her classmates' proclaimed she'd earned a C.