[Marxism] De Blasio sells out

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri Feb 1 18:11:19 MST 2013

On Feb 1, 2013, at 4:29 PM, Louis Proyect wrote:

> http://nadler.house.gov/press-release/progressive-brooklyn-and-citywide-elected-officials%E2%80%99-and-leaders%E2%80%99-letter-regarding

This epitomizes what today is meant by "progressive."
*" In addition, we ask that you remain vigilant in ensuring that
events bearing the official imprimatur of the College provide adequate
opportunity for diverse perspectives to be heard.  We believe that
this is the very hallmark of academic freedom."*

The very hallmark of academic freedom is the absence of interference
from political hacks like the authors of this ukase, whose very use of
the word "imprimatur" brands them as heirs of the Inquisition who
insist that "diverse" (ie., Zionist) voices must be on every platform
where the "Jewish" state is at issue, even though they never, never
ask for the voices of palestinians be heard when a Zionist has the
platform!

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things." Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64