[Marxism] Paul Le Blanc on the SWP crisis

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Feb 2 13:44:35 MST 2013

On 2/2/13 3:31 PM, en.passant at bigpond.com wrote:
> I am not sure if that is mere description or involves some sort of
> support from Louis, but I would have thought that 1914 and the vote
> of the SPD for war credits might have shown the bankruptcy of that
> course.

Adopting a "Leninist" party-building model is not a prophylactic against
taking the wrong position on imperialism. Ted Grant's group backed the
British war against Argentina's attempt to retake the Malvinas. Tony
Cliff had a fucked up position on the Korean War. And so on. Of course,
it would be great if some "Leninist" sect ever got large enough to elect
a parliamentarian who votes for war credits, as Peter Camejo once
related to me with an ear-to-ear grin.