[Marxism] What kind of party do we need?

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 3 17:25:30 MST 2013

The coup in Chile was almost 40 years ago.  A strong and active working class movement was crushed. The was a willingness to resist on the part of many people.  But, in my view, they were unable to come together in an effective fighting force.
Surely one of the tasks of a party is to bring together such a fighting force.  I believe that calls for a party that can, when the need arises, be very centralist.

I am sure there are people on this list who know the history of Chile better than I do and i look forward to their contributions.

					ken h