[Marxism] Jim Zarichny on the lives and struggles of the working class

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Feb 4 08:23:31 MST 2013

Jim Zarichny, who died last week at the age of 89, was a Marxmail
subscriber from the late 90s and was still subscribed at the time of his
death. Apparently he began to suffer from Alzheimer’s in recent years
and was not able to be of much help to younger radicals trying to pull
together a collection of his work. Fortunately his papers have been
turned over to the University of Colorado but probably not his email
messages to Marxmail that are among the jewels that made all the idiotic
flame wars worth putting up with over close to 15 years. (The list was
launched on May Day, 1998)

Today I am posting Zarichny’s reflections on the lives and struggles of
autoworkers in Flint, Michigan and in the Ukraine. Tomorrow I will post
about his involvement with the new left of the 1960s. Amazingly enough,
this was a man who remained politically active over a 70 year period.

full:
http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2013/02/04/jim-zarichny-on-the-lives-and-struggles-of-the-working-class/