[Marxism] Hiya there: question about

MMBKG2 mmbkg2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 09:59:44 MST 2013

Heya,

So I'm not really interested in the "corrections" made to Marxist theory by the likes of Roemer and Elster, but I am interested in the prospect that game theory could be applied to Marxism. I am aware that an author named Bruce Philp wrote a book about trying to strip away the individualist assumptions of the rational choice Marxists while maintaining a game model, but I don't know how far he goes.

Even before getting to the problematics of Roemer's attempt to provide a game-theoretic alternative account of exploitation (to replace the "broken" Law of Value), I've heard there is a massive logical flaw in Roemer's "Analytic Foundations of Marxian Economic Theory" where he confuses sufficient and necessary causes on something basic. Apparently this is a major premise in his work too.

Anyway, I'm wondering how anyone else who has looked into this sees it, regarding Roemer or Philp or the topic in general.
Anything else you could point me to would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- xx