[Marxism] SWP faction declared

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri Feb 8 11:35:48 MST 2013

On Feb 8, 2013, at 12:55 PM, John Wesley wrote:

> Ever heard of "microfactionalism" ?  Ever heard of anibal Escalante?
> He was expelled from the Cuban CP on that accusation.  His "crime"?
> He was too pro-Soviet.  lol

Indeed. The Escalante affair was a major point I raised in the SWP at
that time.  At issue, of course, was the fact that he had been
expelled on undefined charges of "bureaucratism" without ever being
allowed to present his case to anyone outside the Castroite
leadership.  The hacks running the SWP plus their acolytes Barnes,
Camejo, and Sheppard of course were applauding.  I objected on the
ground that if Cuba claimed to be democratic Escalante's political
views, right or wrong, needed to be debated in front of the Cuban
workers rather than being administratively suppressed.  Which of
course made me and my views a target for administrative suppression.