[Marxism] a variation on not speaking out against "anti-imperialist" regimes

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 20:10:10 MST 2013

I'm not sure but I think Dennis's subject line misses the point -- and
the dangers -- of this piece.

Meredith Tax long ago wrote a fantastic, essential history of women
garment workers' struggles, "The Uprising of the Women." But in the
last few years she has made a career out of Islamophobia with a
pseudo-left veneer. She's also a Zionist who has attacked BDS.

I'm on a mailing list of Pakistani radicals, mostly women, who share
the majority sentiment on this list as far as opposing fake
anti-imperialist regimes, and I can assure you that they have analyzed
in painful detail the antics of Tax and her partners in crime. These
are radicals who are staunch feminists, staunchly secular, adamantly
anti- every single regime you could name -- and they will have nothing
to do with Tax's liberal Islamophobia.