[Marxism] a variation on not speaking out against "anti-imperialist" regimes

Dennis Brasky dmozart1756 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 20:34:11 MST 2013

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Andrew Pollack <acpollack2 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm not sure but I think Dennis's subject line misses the point -- and
> the dangers -- of this piece.
>
> Meredith Tax long ago wrote a fantastic, essential history of women
> garment workers' struggles, "The Uprising of the Women." But in the
> last few years she has made a career out of Islamophobia with a
> pseudo-left veneer. She's also a Zionist who has attacked BDS.

    I am not familiar with Tax and would appreciate it if Andy or anyone
else could post links demonstrating her Islamophobia and Zionism.

> I'm on a mailing list of Pakistani radicals, mostly women, who share
> the majority sentiment on this list as far as opposing fake
> anti-imperialist regimes, and I can assure you that they have analyzed
> in painful detail the antics of Tax and her partners in crime. These
> are radicals who are staunch feminists, staunchly secular, adamantly
> anti- every single regime you could name -- and they will have nothing
> to do with Tax's liberal Islamophobia.

   I saw nothing Islamophobic or pro-Zionist with this -

Instead of sanitizing and protecting the Muslim right in the name of
fighting colonialism and imperialism, we propose a strategy of solidarity
with actual popular movements of democrats, trade unionists, religious and
sexual minorities and feminists struggling in the Global South against both
neo-liberalism and religious fundamentalism.