[Marxism] Moderator's note

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Feb 12 06:38:36 MST 2013

On 2/12/13 6:27 AM, John Wesley wrote:

> As I have learned (from other Progressives, BTW), Angola was virtually being run by Cuba as a colony, during the final years of the Cuban presence there.

I open the mail this morning and I see this bit of sterile musing from
"John Wesley". My first reaction is to wonder if some sort of technical
malfunction eliminated the first 10 paragraphs of his post that would
have supplied the data and historical context for the claim that "Angola
was virtually being run by Cuba as a colony".

Let me be blunt. Mr. "Wesley" has been generating a bunch of wasted
bandwidth over the past 2 or 3 days, mostly as a function of his
one-sentence interventions here.

If I see another outbreak of this, he will be unsubbed. We have 1451
subscribers spread across four continents. We are trying to raise the
theoretical level of our subscribers plus the additional 2 or 3 thousand
people who read the archives each day (my estimate.) We simply have no
time to waste on idle palaver.

Enough said.