[Marxism] Moderator's note

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 12 09:41:44 MST 2013

If we err on the side of inclusivity, we will have to put up with offensive suggestions such as the idea that Cubans who had not travelled much could not be internationalists.  I am glad that two people challenged that.  I certainly found it somewhat "off."
As for the idea that the Cubans in Angola acted as a colonial administration, it is within the realm of possibility that some people saw it that way.  And so it is within the realm of possibility that "John Wesley" heard that from "progressives."

I think we should be pragmatic.  If I knew that some Cubans were subscribing to this list, I would want to carefully screen remarks about Cuba.  I would hate to lose them based on the anger that ignorant remarks would naturally generate.

						ken h