[Marxism] Cuba

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Feb 12 16:33:48 MST 2013

On 2/12/13 6:27 PM, Ken Hiebert wrote:
> There was a time when the Cuban press was a source of inspiration. I
> remember when i joined the Trotskyist movement in Vancouver in 1967.
> When we went out to sell our newspaper, we would sometimes take along
> the English language Granma and sell it, too.  But today, when is the
> last time you forwarded an article from the Cuban press?

Actually, before he got really sick Fidel was writing some of the best
stuff I have seen out of Cuba in well over a decade. I don't think the
Cuban press is half as important as what Cuba is doing. I think the
medical personnel that it sends overseas is exemplary although Farber
accuses the government of pecuniary motives.

I do plan to get back to Farber's latest book but I have been totally
immersed in Comanche history for a dead-tree article I am working on.