[Marxism] We Already Know “Zero Dark Thirty’s” Evil, But Is It Any Good?

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 20:40:26 MST 2013

This is a wonderful piece of writing.  Following it I made myself watch the
Guardian Critic Xan Brooks
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/video/2013/feb/12/oscars-2013-zero-dark-thirty-video
call
for theZero Dark to get the best film award.  He called the film " too
spicey and troublesome for its own good.  It was also "brilliant" and
"nuanced" and the ideal film for our times.  Chastain is Ahab to Bin
Laden's Moby Dick.

Xan Brooks does not use the term "politically correct" but he strongly
implies that the film will not get the award because it treads on too many
otes.
I almost got sick watching Brooks' video and he was a critic I used to
listen to.  Nae mair.

comradely

Gary