[Marxism] Fwd: RE: Napoleon Chagnon versus boa constrictors, tigers and lions

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Feb 13 08:08:13 MST 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Napoleon Chagnon versus boa constrictors, tigers and lions
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 14:54:54 +0000
From: Thomas Bartlett <Thomas.Bartlett at chronicle.com>
To: Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com>

Actually, it was "The Will to Power."

--

Tom Bartlett

Senior Writer

The Chronicle of Higher Education

1255 23rd St. NW

Washington, D.C. 20037

202-466-1232

From: Louis Proyect [lnp3 at panix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:45 AM
To: Thomas Bartlett

Mr. Bartlett, What kind of piker are you? In your fascinating account of
Dr. Chagnon's Apologia Pro Vita Sua in the Chronicle of Higher
Education, you left out Chagnon's most famous encounter with a critter.
In 1971 a wolverine crawled into his sleeping bag when he was hunting
moose in northern Michigan and bit off his weewee. That did not stop Dr.
Chagnon. He chased after the highly feared feral beast, retrieved his
weewee after beating the wolverine to death with the copy of "Thus Spake
Zarathustra" that he had brought along. Despite being in enormous pain,
he managed to drive to a local hospital where the weewee was reattached.

I am a long-time admirer of this larger than life anthropologist and am
sure that the tale will be included in his autobiography that I await
with bated breath.

Yours truly,

Louis N. Proyect