[Marxism] Egypt's Black Bloc Doesn't Want to Be Your Friend

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Feb 14 07:07:23 MST 2013

On 2/14/13 8:55 AM, Daniel Rocha wrote:
> Not counting the political damage to the establishment due the enormous
> bloodshed during WWI nor the necessity of purging the White Army and the
> saboteurs during the civil war.

I have no idea what this has to do with the point I made. The Russian
revolution of October 1917 was virtually peaceful. The decision by the
imperialist powers to invade required a military response. If a worker's
party in Egypt takes power, you can be sure that Egypt will face
military intervention. In that case armed self-defense will be
necessary. What this has to do with firebombing a Muslim Brotherhood
office is anybody's guess. The problem with firebombing an office is
that it allows the government party to portray itself as an innocent
victim of mob violence and to justify a call for emergency powers. That
is how authoritarian states in Italy were created in the 1970s, over the
provocations of the Red Brigades.