[Marxism] How do we stop climate change?

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu Feb 14 14:21:30 MST 2013

On Feb 14, 2013, at 3:28 PM, Philip Dunn wrote:

> We can't stop climate change. It's called natural variation. Do
> recall there are things called Ice Ages, glaciations. We can do
> nothing about them. Why fret about people dying in the hypothetical
> future when there are those dying daily now?

Why do you blindly mouth that right-wing euphemism "climate change?"
Obviously climate changes all the time--so slowly and irregularly as
to be imperceptible in the short run.  There are only two proper names
for what is happening to our planet: "rapid and accelerating climate
change" or, simply, global warming (or global heating).

By the way, why fret about people dying now? People are dying daily--
currently by the scores of thousands--and always have been.

> Set your options at: http://greenhouse.economics.utah.edu/mailman/options/marxism/shmage%40pipeline.com

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things." Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64