[Marxism] Sean Wilentz's Pop-Gun Attack on Oliver Stone and Peter Kuznick

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 08:25:29 MST 2013

While I don't follow the ins and outs of Gotham publishing history,
this is a solid response to Wilentz, making all the key points.  I
don't think the Wilentz piece was capable of persuading anyone who
wasn't already persuaded. It wasn't intended to do so.  It was simply
a ritual repetition of the character assasination of Henry Wallace and
a silly revisitng of the Cold War liberal tropes.

For anyone younger than we are, I suspect it seems no more relevant
than Warren G. Harding's views on gun control.

ML