[Marxism] Marxism Digest, Vol 112, Issue 35

Philip Ferguson philipferguson8 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 18:43:36 MST 2013

Louis wrote:
 This is way too British for me to appreciate, but I thought I'd send
> it along:
>
> http://www.heartfield.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/redfriars/Billy_Delta.htm

But it's the Britishness of it which makes it so hilarious.  I thought this
was a riot.

Jim M then wrote:
>In the Dawkins sense and as many will recognise, this is the attempted
start of another meme (IMHO
much less effective than the Downfall meme). The original here is from the
boys' weekly Billy Bunter
series of stories by Frank Richards (1876-1961).

So is that where Frank Furedi got his pen-name of Frank Richards from?

I used to think he must have just been a Rolling Stone fan (or a Cliff R
fan).

Phil