[Marxism] Day of the People: Gracchus Babeuf and the Communist Idea

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 14:26:58 MST 2013

Well, you seem to be changing the yardstick for these comparative
continuities seems to me to be changing.  Far be it from me to
challenge someone's faith in their claim to the Apostolic Successions,
but the position Marx and Engels took in the Manifesto explicitly
expressed their affinities for the diverse roots of worker communism.
How these affinities turned out should be a caution to facile
assertions about sweeping claims about historic currents . . .

And, of course, it should be noted that it's all going to become even
more muddled as we'd move into the period of the First International
and the Commune.

What this means after generations of water under the bridge today
becomes even more problematic.

Still, after the current crises in organizations, I suppose, it's
natural to seek certainties where you can hope to find them.  :-)

Solidarity!
Mark L.