[Marxism] Sustainable Agriculture in Cuba Tour

Break Chains breakthechains02 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 16:23:53 MST 2013

>From http://www.peopleofcolororganize.com/

Sustainable Agriculture in Cuba Tour
In 2006, Cuba was designated by the World Wildlife Fund as the
only “sustainably developed” country on the planet, noting that if we
all followed Cuba’s example, we’d only need the resources of one planet
to sustain our population indefinitely.  80% of fresh fruit, vegetables, herbs, and medicinal plants are consumed locally by urban residents.
What is Cuba doing differently to ensure  the long-term health of their
land and people?
Professional Research Program to Cuba
Sustainable Agriculture in Cuba
April 17-27, 2013
On this professional research trip you will learn about Cuba’s
transition from conventional farming to low-input sustainable
agriculture through visiting organic urban gardens, small and large
farms, sugar mills, schools, and more.  You will meet with urban and
rural residents to learn techniques and ideas that can be brought back
to the United States and shared with our communities, in order to learn
how to create a more sustainable future worldwide.
Marazul Charters Contact Information:
Luisa Sanchez: lsanchez at marazul.com,0(201)031981054
Witness for Peace is a politically independent, grassroots
organization. We are people committed to nonviolence. Our mission is to
support peace, justice, and sustainable economies in the Americas by
changing U.S. policies and corporate practices which contribute to
poverty and oppression in Latin America and the Caribbean. We stand with people who seek justice.