[Marxism] Day of the People: Gracchus Babeuf and the Communist Idea

Alan Bradley alanb1000 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 13:38:13 MST 2013

From: Mark Lause
> Yes, but I didn't think that I had denied the possibilities of
> generational continuities in Paris by pointing out that existed
> elsewhere, too. :-)

That's true of course.

I think one of the factors muddying the discussion is the Trotskyist, and especially Cannonist/Barnesite, obsession with "revolutionary continuity". That's probably where the "Apostolic Succession" red herring came from - a reaction against that particular bonnet bee, even though it was actually irrelevant. It's not easy to stop seeing Jack Barnes' face in places where it doesn't exist.

Anyway, I think I've pretty much said everything I want to on the topic. It was a cool thing to revisit, but it was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...