[Marxism] 11 Flowers

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Feb 23 15:13:34 MST 2013

As I contemplate the sorry parade of slop being considered for Academy
Awards tomorrow night (chief among them “Argo”, “Zero Dark Thirty”,
“Lincoln”, and “Django Unchained”), I consider myself fortunate to live
in New York where an art theater circuit provides support for something
like Wang Xiao-Shuai‘s “11 Flowers”. Opening yesterday at the Quad
Cinema, this mixture of a coming-of-age tale and commentary on the
Cultural Revolution puts Hollywood to shame. Frankly, the idea of the
Chinese military hacking American computers to steal this doddering
imperialist nation's intellectual property would seem to be a joke if
Hollywood was factored in.

full: http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2013/02/23/11-flowers/