[Marxism] Argo, go fuck yourself

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Feb 25 08:39:42 MST 2013

On 2/25/13 10:28 AM, DW wrote:
> The Nicolini review is, unfortunately, as useless as the film it
> reviews and, interestingly, is a bad as the film for exact same
> reasons it criticizes it for.

Frankly, I would have had no problem with crappy politics. I just had no
patience for the "comic" elements early on in the film when Affleck was
rounding up writers and directors to make the intervention plausible. I
found it both narcissistic (aren't we Hollywood people so *interesting*)
and clumsy. I guess I was spoiled by Godard's "Contempt", a benchmark
for lampooning Hollywood bigwigs. Then again, Godard knew who the enemy was.