[Marxism] Citi gave Jack Lew bonus for getting 'high level' government position

Jeff Goodwin jgoodwin.nyu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:12:25 MST 2013

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Tristan Sloughter <
> tristan.sloughter at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> http://www.businessinsider.com/citis-government-job-bonus-for-jack-lew-2013-2
>
> Oh, come on.

The university I work for, New York University (NYU), which is ostensibly a
"non-profit" institution, gave Lew more than a million bucks as he headed
off to work for Citigroup. (If "work" is the right word.)  They gave him
nearly $700,000 in "severance pay," on top of his $900,000 salary, even
though he left voluntarily and was not laid off, not to mention more than
$400,000 in forgiven loans for a home in Riverdale, a plush section of the
Bronx. Lew froze our pay for a couple years and helped break a union of
teaching assistants who had affiliated with the UAW. This is the jackass
Obama picked to succeed Timothy Geithner as treasury secretary.

See:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/26/nyregion/lew-treasury-nominee-got-exit-bonus-from-nyu.html?_r=0