[Marxism] Syria rebels allege hit on regime general, Hezbollah members

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 26 15:51:33 MST 2013

At 11:28 26/02/2013 -0800, Ken Hiebert wrote:

>https://now.mmedia.me/lb/en/nownews/rebels-hit-convoy-transporting-hezbollah-syria-regime-officers-in-damacus-jdeidet-yabous-activists-say

When posting it, I wish Ken would mention why he considers this report (even
if true) very significant or worthy of further discussion. Mohammad Ali
Durgham wouldn't be the first Syrian general injured in fighting, and if he
had members of Hezbollah in his entourage while returning from Lebanon
(which is quite plausible) then it wouldn't be surprising if some of them
were hurt or killed as well. But this news report whose author is unnamed is
also totally unsourced. I cannot find any further information (using Google)
on the attack or statements by "a rebel group" that this report is
supposedly based on (perhaps because it wasn't so important), and moreover I
cannot find the supposed Youtube video through a search there either. What
gives?

- Jeff